Thursday, October 10, 2013

McDonalds CEO would rather have his Employees arrested than Acknowledge their Concerns.


According to RT:

A Chicago woman was arrested late last week after confronting the president of her long-time employer McDonald’s over the low wages she earns as she struggles to raise two young children.

Nancy Salgado, 26, interrupted a speech by McDonald’s Corporation President Jeff Stratton at the Union League Club of Chicago on Friday, saying her wages weren’t enough for her to supply her kids with basic necessities like shoes.

“Do you think this is fair, that I have to be making $8.25 [per hour] when I've worked for McDonald's for 10 years?” Salgado, who claimed never to have received a raise in that time, said at the gathering as Stratton stood at a podium.

"I've been there 40 years," Stratton replied, the extent of his response to Salgado.

“The thing is that I need a raise. But you're not helping your employees. How is this possible?” Salgado continued at Stratton. “To your employees you haven't done anything.”

She and six other protesters were arrested and given tickets for trespassing.

***

Salgado said she was quickly approached by authorities at the event and told she would be arrested.

“I remember just telling them … because I have to speak out my mind and I had to tell the president the poverty wage I'm living in, that's just against the law?” she told The Real News.

I work for a rather large company, and boy do they take care of their employees.  It sickens me to hear about something like this, someone just trying to make their voice heard being arrested for simply questioning the CEO of the company they work for.  If that isn't representative of a corporatocracy I am not quiet sure that is.  Ask a question of a CEO that he does not like and go to jail ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment