Sunday, May 20, 2012

Panera Bread Make Today Better

This past Sunday marked three weeks in a row that the Avengers dominated the big screen, but due to my hectic work schedule finally became the first time I was privileged to see such an incredible film.  Joss Whedon really proved that he is more than Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Astonishing X-Men with this one.  This being a food blog though, after the movie my girlfriend and I craved something other than popcorn and raisinets .

While finding our way back to the highway, (this was our first time at a new movie theater in a relatively new state, so GPS is necessary still) but I digress.  While finding our way back on to the highway we ran across one of our favorites and the place which I think inspired the creation of Bakers Crust (which was my first review), Panera Bread!

Of course it's hard to review a place that you've been to so many times without thinking of past meals and experiences, but I will try to stick to this most recent visit.  I'll start by saying we picked the best time ever to go, 3:30 on a Sunday there is NOONE there, no line, no wait, and plenty of seats, who would'a thunk it?

Our order, two You Pick Twos, mine consisted of the:
Sierra Turkey
Smoked turkey breast with chipotle mayonnaise, field greens & red onions on our Asiago Cheese Focaccia.

Broccoli Cheddar
Chopped broccoli, shredded carrot and select seasonings simmered in a velvety smooth cheese sauce
Laura went with the Broccoli Cheddar along with:
Caesar
Romaine lettuce, Asiago-Parmesan cheese, homemade Asiago cheese croutons & our special Caesar dressing.
I'll start with saying since it was such a slow day our food was prepared in what seemed like seconds.  We also both got Ices Green Teas which we're done very promptly.  My only problem with Panera Bread is that every time I walk up to the counter to get my food, and end up carrying both meals, I feel like a server.  Which I purposely am NOT at my job, I cook, I don't serve, but I guess it's worth it to save $5 on a tip.  
With the meal at the table we realized they had forgotten our Baguettes so Laura went up to get them, a not so graceful beginning to our meal.  But I can never stay upset with Panera, once I dipped the baguette in my soup and tasted the two together all cares in the world dissolved.  Then for a second time in less than a minute I got to experience pure joy again when I started in on my sandwich.  
The fresh greens and chipolte mayo were delicious, the bread fluffy and unique and the two slices of turkey folded atop each other were juicy.  Every time I get a You Pick Two I always feel as if it is a small amount of food, but by the end am always pleased with the portions.  Panera's portion control is very close to on par with my actual appetite, not the one my eye's try to convince me is real. 
Panera Bread is an all time classic in eating Another Way.  It is a cross between fast food and a sit down eatery that pulls off both styles very well.  Their breads and bakery items are off the chart and their service is generally above par.  I can let the baguettes slide, everyone makes a mistake every now and again, the real value of an eatery is in the taste of the food once you get it and Panera Bread knows how to deliver on their promise of making today better.

Panera Bread


No comments:

Post a Comment