Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Carrabba's Italian Grill



I drive by Carrabba's more or less every single day.  The facade never really beckoned to me and I really never considered stopping by.  That is until Laura's uncle mentioned that he had visited one of their locations and that they had some really good food.  Sold!

We took a three minute ride around the corner and showed up to Carrabba's this past Sunday night.  Walking in to the place I was pleasantly surprised, the place is very nice, the lighting is dim and the decorations are not overwhelming.

Our waiter was kind of an idiot but that made no difference once we got our food.  Whenever I am trying to new ethnic restaurant, Italian in this case, I normally go with a specific dish to test it out.  For instance any time I am trying a new Chinese place I go with Sweet and Sour chicken.  As for Italian though the obvious first choice is Chicken Parmesan.

Laura went with the Manicotti and her uncle chose a seafood pasta dish which seems to be escaping me right now and which I cannot find on their online menu :(  Long story short though, everything was incredible.  The Chicken Parmesan was crispy, had the perfect amount of sauce and cheese as well as just the right amount of pasta.

After having a decent mozzarella stick appetizer as well as my fare share of the complimentary bread and butter I could barely finish my entree.  Which of course meant I had an incredible lunch the next day.  Both Laura and her uncle also loved their meals, I tried some Manicotti and was very pleased with it.

If it weren't for just how dumb our server seemed it would have been a near perfect meal.

Carrabba's Italian Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment