Sunday, September 16, 2012

Macaroni Grill and Italian Restaurant


It's fun to draw on tables, as a matter of fact the best part of last nights dining experience was drawing with crayons on the table.  Besides that the food was just mediocre and the server seemed semi incompetent, mumbling words barely distinguishable from grunts.  The 20 minute wait before the meal made me feel as if we were in store for a fine dinning experience, but by the time the meal was over all I could think was that this supposedly "fancy" chain of restaurants fell short of expectations.

Laura didn't like her Eggplant Parmesan in the least bit, the slices were way too thick and they didn't even have the decency to skin the eggplant before breading it. Our Mac & Cheese bites were "okay" but most certainly didn't come close to Cheesecake Factories version.  Now that I look back somehow I forgot to write a review for the Cheesecake Factory a few weeks back!  What a shame I guess we'll have to go back again sometime soon.

It'll be quite a pleasure to experience true fine dining again as The Macaroni Grill is only exquisite to the masses who can normally sustain themselves on Big Macs and Subway.  They go out to a place like this to feel like they are eating an extravagant meal but in reality they are fooling themselves with just average food in an establishment that tries to decorate itself above it's actual abilities.

The Chicken Marsala I ordered was alright.  I've had better from a deli I used to work at and my cousin who cooked it for the family during Christmas one year.  If a hole in the wall deli in New York serves better Chicken Marsala than The Macaroni Grill then I really can't bring myself to give them a good review.  If I had walked in to a place I had never heard of before that I had no expectations for than I might have been more willing to say a few nice things, but in reality last's nights dinner left me with nothing but left overs.

Macaroni Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment